Polyphenols are compounds with powerful effects on the overall health of an individual. Some of these health benefits include lowering of bad cholesterol level in the body, improving artery function, and preventing platelet clumping in the blood. As such, these functions serve to increase the lifespan of a person and make him or her fit and healthy. These are also known as antioxidant properties and hence the compounds are termed as antioxidant polyphenols. Such an antioxidant has a polyphenolic structure and it is readily found in many natural foods or superfoods like honey, vegetables like broccoli and onion, and a number of fruits. It is also found in some processed products that we consume on a regular basis including cocoa powder, flaxseed meal, star anise, and dried oregano.
In this article we are going to discover 10 fruits that are rich in antioxidant polyphenols so that we can add them to our everyday diet and benefit from their health advantages.
- Apple – An apple a day keeps the doctor away; this saying probably refers to the amount of polyphenols in this amazing fruit.
- Pomegranate – If you want to have a healthy heart and an energetic and active lifestyle, make pomegranate your regular fruit.
- Cherry – Cherries not only help get the right amount of antioxidant polyphenols, but also provide many other health benefits in general.
- Grapes – There is nothing better than grapes to obtain your daily dose of essential nutrients.
- Raspberries – If you like the taste of raspberries, prepare a smoothie or simply add them to salads for an energetic kick start every day.
- Blueberries – Some people might not consider blueberries as very healthy but the truth is they are healthier than most fruits out there so add them to your daily diet and obtain numerous benefits associated with the quantity of antioxidant polyphenols they contain.
- Cantaloupe – If you don’t like eating the regular everyday fruits, here is an exotic option for you to make your life easier and healthier.
- Pear – Many people like to eat pear on a regular basis to obtain its unlimited health benefits. Good news for these people is that this fruit also contains antioxidants that can give you the boost you need.
- Strawberries – There is nothing better than a handful of strawberries to prepare an energetic and extremely delicious smoothie. They can also be added to fruit salads and in making a tasty cheesecake.
- Cranberry – Great news for all those women out there who have been taking cranberries or cranberry juice for the treatment of menstrual cramps and UTI, the fruit is rich in antioxidants and can totally change the way you live!
Antioxidant polyphenols are known all over the world for their numerous health benefits. They not only reduce inflammation throughout the body but also prevent many serious diseases like coronary artery disease. Try to find them in the above-mentioned fruits for recommended daily intake and for obtaining these powerful health benefits.